- 1 cup dry bulgur wheat (Soak the tabouli before serving time. It needs to thoroughly marinate and chill.)
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup polyunsaturated olive oil
- 1 heaping tsp crushed fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions (include greens)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- 1 packed cup freshly chopped parsley (at least)
- Optional: chopped black olives (adds a delicious flavor).
- Freshly ground black pepper (bad for you) or cayenne pepper which is more healthy for you.
2. Add lemon juice, garlic, oil and mint and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate 2- 3 hours. (Most of the time I don't have time to do this and it still tastes great)
3. Just before serving add the vegetables and mix gently. Correct seasonings.