Friday, July 29, 2011

NANCY'S SPECIAL VEGETARIAN GRAVY

NANCY'S SPECIAL VEGETARIAN GRAVY (from aboverubies.com)
How on earth do you make gravey without cooking meat> I've found a way and everyone loves it. They love coming to eat at my home just to have the gravy!
Put water or vegetable stock into your saucepan. Thicken with oat flour. I make the oat flour by putting two cups of Rolled Oats in the blender and blending until it becomes flour. Stir as it thickens and simmer for 10 minutes. While simmering add the flavors you desire. Use your own imagination for your desired taste. This is what I do and it tastes great:
  • I add about 2 teaspoons of chili powder - this makes the gravy go a rich brown
  • 1/2 tsp thyme
  • Cayenne pepper to taste
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup of Nutritional Yeast. Mix with water and add to gravy.
  • Two or three squirts of Braggs Liquid Aminos.

No comments:

Post a Comment